Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Review customer drawings and specifications to determine requirements and/or feasibility of product.
- Create CAD models and drawings. Perform mathematical computations to develop, design and create detailed specifications of components.
- Create innovative new solutions for EV vehicle powertrain.
- Facilitate NPI (new product introductions) process for product development and identify requirements for new products in the market
- Work collaboratively with other engineering disciplines to design the necessary EV powertrain components into the truck to produce quality products for the end user.
- Work collaboratively with industrial design and manufacturing engineering teams during the NPI process to ensure the highest quality products are delivered.
- Perform preliminary and advanced work in development of working layouts and final master parts, assembly and drawings.
- Oversee the production of engineering drawings and Bills of Material to support both prototype and production builds of EV powertrain installations.
- Make bill of material and drawing revisions following the Change Management Process.
- Create and release Bills of Materials for new sales and designs.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and other departments/personnel.
- Interact with suppliers, dealers, and customers as required.
- Support other members of the Engineering department, check design work to verify layout, fit, form, function, materials, specifications and other details/documents as required.
- Complete design studies, tolerance stack-ups, layout, drawings, calculations, weight estimates and provide supporting documentation.
- Other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Comfortable with complex problem solving and rapidly changing priorities
- Comfortable in high pressure environments during rapid ramp up periods (as is the case during next six months)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field desired. Equivalent education and experience required.
- Experience in product development in automotive/heavy truck systems required
- 5+ years of experience working with automotive/truck or heavy equipment design required, Class 7/8 truck highly desired.
- 3-D CAD proficiency required; SolidWorks experience desired.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required; experience using ERP and CRM programs desired.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Strong technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate across the organization and lead presentations.
- Recognize the Quality Management System and participate in the processes and procedures in the QMS ISO 9001:2015
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)