Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager will develop and facilitate lean manufacturing events resulting in process improvements and verified cost savings for the business. Utilizing lean manufacturing tools and experience, the CI Manager will work with all business units to drive innovative change for the plant, ensuring sustainability and measurement of improvements. This position will be responsible for growing the lean mindset for the organization; developing and delivering lean training to staff at all levels of the organization.
Accountabilities, Essential Duties, & Responsibilities:
- Champion and lead the culture of lean manufacturing for the plant
- Support and drive continuous improvement events utilizing lean manufacturing principles to maximize departmental efficiencies, minimize waste and improve safety and profitability for the plant
- Utilize lean manufacturing tools and techniques (8 wastes, just-in-time, value stream mapping, kanban, problem solving, 5 Why’s, FIFO, 5S and workplace organization including layout changes)
- Analyze operations and its cost drivers including material and information flow; develop innovative solutions to reduce and improve
- Make documented data-driven proposals for improvements; responsible for supporting management and associates in overall change process, including sustainability
- Communicate with unit management and leadership on implementation of changes
- Develop and manage dashboard for plant-wide performance metrics (KPI’s)
- Practice change management and actively participate in the department performance management system and dialogue; create and present progress and plans to company executives (business unit review)
- Create and conduct lean training; build capability in all levels of the plant regarding lean manufacturing
- Responsible for coaching, development, training, retention and performance management of employees and the assurance of compliance to all company and Human Resources policies and procedures
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business management or related field is required
- At least five years' experience in an OEM truck manufacturing assembly environment adhering to strict deadlines and production targets
- Excellent organizational and project management skills required
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and strong experience with lean principles in an OEM truck manufacturing setting
- Strategic thinker with ability to develop a long-term vision and translate into short/immediate term tactical and operational improvements
- Proven ability leading projects and people across organizations; including ability to motivate, develop and instill accountability with both shop floor and salaried employees required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities
- Strong organizational, analytical and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse work group and all levels of the organization
- Proven self-starter
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP) preferred
- Lean certification preferred
- Must have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Tableau, Microsoft BI
- Experience with project management tools/applications such as TIP's, Smartsheet, Trello
- Experience developing and conducting staff training
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience preparing and presenting to executive leadership
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)