Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Director of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement at Battle Motors is a key leadership position responsible for executing sourcing strategies and driving excellence within the procurement team. The primary objective of this role is to ensure the availability of high-quality materials and technologies required for the company's commercial vehicle production. This position involves leading the strategic sourcing and procurement teams, negotiating contracts with suppliers, identifying new partnerships and technologies, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive supply chain improvements and cost reduction initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Global Supply Chain Management: Monitor global supply chain trends and provide strategic guidance to mitigate potential supply impacts. Continuously drive improvements to enhance supply chain efficiency and responsiveness.
- Team Leadership: Lead and build a strategic sourcing and procurement team, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment. Provide mentorship and guidance to team members to develop their skills and expertise.
- Supplier Identification and Technology Assessment: Identify new suppliers and collaborate with the engineering team to explore new technologies that add value to Battle Motors' products and meet customer needs.
- Strategic Supplier Relationships: Manage commercial relationships with strategic suppliers, ensuring well-negotiated contracts that offer maximum value to Battle Motors. Foster open communication and collaboration with suppliers to drive mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, finance, and operations, to make informed sourcing decisions and align sourcing strategies with business objectives.
- Cost Management: Organize and present reports related to sourcing activities, costs, and budgets. Collaborate with the finance team on cost reduction initiatives and ensure achievement of cost targets.
- Risk Mitigation: provide strategic initiatives to proactively reduce risks throughout the supply chain and help resolve supply chain related issues that impact production.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, Materials Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in commodity management or strategic sourcing in the automotive and commercial vehicle industries.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Experience leading and developing teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
Training and Job Knowledge Requirements
- Strong decision-making skills with a sense of urgency.
- Effective in driving improvements and working collaboratively across the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, capable of managing multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Skilled negotiator with strong problem-solving abilities.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (Remote Worker)