* Visa sponsorship is not supported for this position *
Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Field Service Engineer will improve product and diagnostic quality, reduce warranty costs, and increase customer satisfaction. This role will work collaboratively to assist in the development of diagnostic processes, systems, and technical information so that technical issues can be immediately identified, reported, and addressed to ensure vehicles are fixed right the first time.
Our ideal candidate must exhibit the ability to work effectively and independently as part of a team with a can-do attitude. The applicant must be able to use proprietary and engineering tools to diagnose and program vehicles, recognize emerging trends, resolve difficult to diagnose issues, and support the diagnostics ecosystem. Experience working in a fast-paced, high-tech and customer obsessed environment with a diverse set of global stakeholders and comfortable with change are necessary.
Role and Responsibilities
- Function as primary focal point on engineering and technical issues from trucks in the field
- Function as engineering liaison member to resolve engineering problems with quality, design and manufacturing engineers
- Focus on difficult technical cases and repairs by utilizing advanced diagnostic techniques.
- Perform repair, technical analysis, investigation, and inspection of special case vehicles involved in incidents, repeat repairs, collisions, emergencies, etc. which onsite support or data gathering is time sensitive and business critical.
- Provide technical mentorship for regional field service technicians s promoting best practices, safety, and efficiency.
- Identify and report complex technical issues as well as effectiveness of diagnostics, mechanical updates, software updates, repair plans and corrective actions.
- Collaborate with Design and Manufacturing Engineers investigate and solve emerging technical issues.
- Assist in the development, validation and improvement of service diagnostic tools and processes.
- Influence required technical training requirement and development.
- Improve operational Key Performance Indicators such as Fix Right the First Time, response & deployment time, and customer satisfaction.
- Prevent legal cases and assist Legal as a technical expert as necessary.
- Collaborate with design engineering on product improvements and NPI projects to update service, maintenance and repair manuals as necessary
- Review company and vendor drawings, models and specifications to determine requirements and/or feasibility of product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field or 5+ years of experience working with automotive/truck or heavy equipment design required, Class 7/8 truck chassis highly desired.
- This position will require national and international travel to and from customer and company sites to diagnose and repair vehicles (30%+)
- Experience in product engineering in automotive/heavy truck axles and braking systems required
- Must have an active passport
- 3-D CAD proficiency required; SolidWorks experience desired.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required; experience using ERP and CRM programs desired.
- Experience with electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems on mobile and on-highway heavy equipment.
- Experience with EV powertrains highly desired
Preferred experience and skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate across the organization and lead presentations.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Recognize the Quality Management System in place at Battle Motors and participate in the processes and procedures in the QMS ISO 9001:2015
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (Remote)