Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proven experience as Network Administrator or similar managerial role, with excellent knowledge of IT Systems and Infrastructure.
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly communicate the mission and values of Battle Motors.
- Consistent and strong collaborator who elevates the work of cross functional teams.
- Well organized and detail oriented, with strong planning skills and high level of enthusiasm.
- Remain current concerning technological advances and other matters concerning program initiatives; attend and participate in seminars, workshops and conferences as deemed necessary. Ability to grasp and learn new concepts in the information technology field.
- Assisting with IT tickets and support as needed.
- Network and hardware management from security to backups.
- Knowledge of technical standards and environment surrounding the provisioning of telecommunications and Internet services.
- Knowledge of the network architectures used in broadband, wireless, fiber optic and wired networks.
- Ability to utilize technology in the creation and maintenance of data to track and communicate business operations.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex technical issues involving networks and network equipment, synthesize information, and develop appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to organize time, work independently and accomplish tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain high-level confidential and strategic information.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or Business or comparable direct work experience.
- CCNA certified or capable of gaining within 3 months of hire.
Job Knowledge & Training Requirements
- Understanding of and experience in networking concepts and infrastructure such as VLANs, TCP/IP, wireless protocols, security protocols, routing, switching and VPNs.
- Understand of and experience with physical network infrastructure including terminating RJ45 connectors, keystone jacks, installing SFP modules, etc.
- Understanding of how networking relates to other IT-related items such as databases, data shares and cloud systems.
- Experience with both on-premise and cloud-based infrastructures.
- Understanding of and experience in server administration, both physical and virtual.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible IT experience, preferably in a complex manufacturing environment.
- Ability to follow established procedure and to prioritize several simultaneous projects.
Required Hardware & Software Competencies
- Cisco & Aruba switching
- Cisco Meraki wireless
- FortiGate firewalls
- VMWare vCenter & vSphere
- Microsoft Azure & O365
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS & DHCP
- PowerShell scripting
- Basic hardware & software troubleshooting
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (Remote)