Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
- Ensure financials are in accordance with US GAAP and Battle Motors’ Accounting Policies and that they are applied consistently.
- Work closely with local operations and sales brand leaders on business performance and metrics, such as ROI, efficiencies, and overhead, as well as cost benefit analyses.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide sound and insightful business advice to management for decision making purposes. Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, SG&A and capital expenditures to look for anomalies and /or savings opportunities.
- Responsible for preparation and reporting of monthly close, forecasts and the annual budget; including reviewing and challenging budget and forecast proposals, and assumptions. Ensure all accounts are reconciled monthly and that proper supporting documentation exists.
- Review all subjective accrual calculations and capitalization calculations for completeness and accuracy. Stay abreast of the business environment to ensure proper accounting for any new or unusual transactions or accrual opportunities.
- Support the implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley and ensure that Battle Motors is maintaining the appropriate control environment. Identify and implement opportunities for control improvements.
- Establish annual department and individual goals, manage employee performance, and develop accounting team members.
- Prepare and provide financial information to internal and external auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in finance or accounting including 3+ year in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment required.
- Epicor experience is a plus.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)